Welcome to The Black Velvet Lounge.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

JAY-Z Opens Up About Mending His Marriage And What It's Like Raising Twins With Beyoncé

It's no secret that JAY-Z and Beyoncé have been through a storm in their marriage, and now that the couple has made it through it, the rapper is speaking candidly about how they made things work.

In a recent interview with CNN host Van Jones, the New York native admitted that he and his superstar wife chose to "fight" for their love after his admitted infidelities.
    "It’s my soulmate, the person I love," the 48-year-old said on the eve of the 60th annual Grammy Awards.

"You can be in love with someone — you can love someone and if you haven’t experienced love, and you don’t understand it and you don’t have the tools to move forward, then you are going to have complications, period."

In 2016, Beyoncé dropped her most intimate and revealing album yet, Lemonade, which gave fans a closer look at some of their marital struggles. Many of the lyrics alluded to the fact that the 21-time Grammy-winner had been unfaithful. Last June, Hov dropped his own response album, 4:44, and openly discussed the rough patch, taking ownership for his mistakes.

"You can either address it or you can pretend until it blows up, at some point," JAY-Z continued. "And you know, for us, we chose to fight for our love, for our family, to give our kids a different outcome. See? To break that cycle. For Black men and women, you know, to see a different outcome, like you were saying, it’s not the celebrity — we were never a celebrity couple. We were a couple that happened to be celebrities."

After working through the rough patches in their marriage, the couple welcomed twins, Rumi and Sir, in June of 2017. The twins joined their big sister, Blue Ivy Carter, 6.
    JAY-Z also opened up about being a father of three and said once the little ones start walking, the hard part of raising them will truly begin.

“We are in a beautiful time now because they are seven months and they can’t move,” he joked. “They can just coo … they just coo and you don’t have to ‘wait, wait, wait, wait.’ You know, they’re not running anywhere yet. We are going to enjoy these couple of months until they start running, and then it’s over."

source: https://www.essence.com/celebrity/bl...-beyonce-twins

2. Likes Lord Aku liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love Jay and the Mrs. But I never believed a minute of the whole "He Cheated On Bey", thing.
    I think it was one of the most ingenious marketing ploys for what was at the time, upcoming albums for both of them.
    And wouldn't you know it...They both just happened to have songs on their albums, that were supposedly about the alleged affair.
    Ask yourself this: If the cheating had really happened, and no one knew about but them, what was the upside to making it public?
    Genius, I tell you.

4. Likes Lushus2One, Proverb31, JNph liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    His interview with Van Jones was very interesting. He opened up and shared his ups and downs as a husband, a father and most importantly as a black man, living in today’s society. He expressed how he had to get on the floor, get on the mattress to feel her pain. Lemonade wasn’t the first album Bey spoke of his infidelity. Lemonade, however, is the first CD that every song focused on it. His cheating been going on for a very LONG time. She had enough and decided to put her hurt into a complete album. And I will never forget the time when her sister Solange attacked Jay Z on the elevator. No sister will fight the brother-in-law, unless she felt he was doing wrong by her sister. The rumors were true even back then.

Another thing, the only reason he came out and confessed on his song 4:44 is because the lyrics from Lemonade told everything, so he had to. Beside the beehives was stinging his butt every day. He took her for granted believing it was him she couldn’t live without…. Quoting from some of her previous songs:

“Irreplaceable”
    To the left, to the left…

“Ring the alarm”
    I been through this too long
    But I'll be damned if I see another chick on your arm!

As he stated during the interview, he had to fight for his marriage... His soulmate.

6. Likes Lushus2One liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCool View Post
    Love Jay and the Mrs. But I never believed a minute of the whole "He Cheated On Bey", thing.
    I think it was one of the most ingenious marketing ploys for what was at the time, upcoming albums for both of them.
    And wouldn't you know it...They both just happened to have songs on their albums, that were supposedly about the alleged affair.
    Ask yourself this: If the cheating had really happened, and no one knew about but them, what was the upside to making it public?
    Genius, I tell you.
    That's an interesting theory

8. Likes SteelCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sultry View Post
    His interview with Van Jones was very interesting. He opened up and shared his ups and downs as a husband, a father and most importantly as a black man, living in today’s society. He expressed how he had to get on the floor, get on the mattress to feel her pain. Lemonade wasn’t the first album Bey spoke of his infidelity. Lemonade, however, is the first CD that every song focused on it. His cheating been going on for a very LONG time. She had enough and decided to put her hurt into a complete album. And I will never forget the time when her sister Solange attacked Jay Z on the elevator. No sister will fight the brother-in-law, unless she felt he was doing wrong by her sister. The rumors were true even back then.

Another thing, the only reason he came out and confessed on his song 4:44 is because the lyrics from Lemonade told everything, so he had to. Beside the beehives was stinging his butt every day. He took her for granted believing it was him she couldn’t live without…. Quoting from some of her previous songs:

“Irreplaceable”
    To the left, to the left…

“Ring the alarm”
    I been through this too long
    But I'll be damned if I see another chick on your arm!

As he stated during the interview, he had to fight for his marriage... His soulmate.
    I'm just wondering how it never came out who he actually cheated with. I know some women would LOVE to
    exploit him for money/15 minutes of fame.

10. Likes MyTwoCents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushus2One View Post
    I'm just wondering how it never came out who he actually cheated with. I know some women would LOVE to
    exploit him for money/15 minutes of fame.
    You’re absolutely right there are some women who are into it for the fame and the spotlight. There are also some women who will have an affair on the down-low and wouldn’t say a word. She’ll keep it private as long as she can stay with him. With his money, its probably just pay the rent for as long as he can and she's cooled with the arrangement. Besides, who wants to be known publicly as the other woman who destroyed Bey’s marriage? Some women likes it hush-hush. They are more than celebrities, they’re people and some people do cheat.... even on a good-hearted person or someone who considered one of the sexiest.
    Last edited by Sultry; 01-30-2018 at 08:26 PM.

12. Likes Lushus2One liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCool View Post
    Genius, I tell you.
    i could maybe see that scenario if not for that little incident in the elevator.

14. Likes Proverb31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maint_Man View Post
    i could maybe see that scenario if not for that little incident in the elevator.

Good point. Thought about that.
    But I'd have to accept that the elevator dustup was about the alleged cheating.
    Despite the rumors supporting that, I'm not ready to make that leap.
    I just can't get past the illogicality, of a couple like that, who plays every aspect of their marriage like a state secret...Would take such a personal incident that no one knew about, and make it public, just because.

16. Likes Maint_Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe Bey is smart enough or strong enough to leave Jay. Infidelities or not, Jay put the mack down on her and she jumped on one leg and barked like a dog on command. Jay getting "stange booty" was probably a norm of regular occurrence that he simply took into his relationship with Bey. Not being a "New York Nigga" is something he had to grow (up) into.

18. Likes JNph liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thread Information