Welcome to The Black Velvet Lounge.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCool View Post
    I think relocating twice definitely has an effect. None of us ever left here, except a few years for college.
    We stayed close. Don't get me wrong. It aint always been all good with all 5 of us. In younger days, (20's & 30's) we went thru it.
    I had to cut one loose for a few years. Never stopped loving him. But me doing what I did for a living, and shit he decided to get involved with...No!
    We came back together eventually. I was glad. Because we had the most in common when we were young. (BIGGEST HO's) So now, when we all sittin around gettin drunk, tellin lies and a few truths about Back In The Day, he and I have the same stories.
    They all start wit "Remember that chick who....?"
    Now see, I never wanted to be " that girl " lol. I've had to check at least 6 of his so called friends, men and women for coming sideways or for lying on me. They were all 12yrs or older than myself, except for 1 skank. One mofo said that he saw me at the club with some big dude and warned him to watch his back. Another one tried to get me to come over on the creep They didn't expect me to confront them in front of everybody.. but since everybody was talking behind our back, I did. It feels so juvenile and I didn't have much drama back then

Post Thanks / Like

3. Likes Lushus2One liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I love about my besties is that I have one of each gender. I have other friends, but I my two besties are my loves.
    Male bestie has been there since I was 9 and female since age 13. 26 yrs and 22 years respectively. However, my family always said, “For every best friend you have, they have their own best friend.” That right there has kept me sane and betrayals at a minimum. Love my lil circle.

And just like that...Kalei
    ~Kalei~ Because humans have so many sides. www.kaleilife.com
    "Our attitudes control our lives. Attitudes are a secret power working twenty-four hours a day, for good or bad. It is of paramount importance that we know how to harness and control this great force."
    Tom Blandi

5. Likes PinkPearls, Lushus2One liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maint_Man View Post
    i have female friends. but none of them are in the friend zone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Friends come, friends go.
    Just like all the ebbs and flows of life.

I grew up in a house. 6 women.
    Being an introverted Scorpio it was painful.
    But....I was never one that needed a lot of attention anyway. I'm good with my friends having other friends and
    us just getting together whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I do think part of that comes from 2, 30 year broken friendships that I mourned deeply.
    I think after 1 ended and the other changed...I just decided I don't have the energy for dealing with all
    that can come with most friendships....so I have women in my life that I love dearly, and we all do our grown woman thang...hook up regularly
    have dranks, movies, travel you name it..but I do know that I don't give as much of my time as they would like but I love the balance of how
    my relationships play out in my life at this stage.

I don't cut people off..but I will compartmentalize that ass on ya and deal with you when and it the spirit moves me and if not oh well.

People DRAIN me...call me strange but I feel happiest and most content when I'm alone.

I live my life with friends under the radar for the most part.
    Just the way I like it...lol

8. Likes PinkPearls liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushus2One View Post
    it's okay if we are just friends.

Thread Information