Welcome to The Black Velvet Lounge.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Likes Likes:  26
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with all of you that Umar was on point in this video. He is a very intelligent man, and gives great speeches. There is no question of that. But, there are some issues that have to be dealt with.

We have to look at how Dr. Umar has these "breakdowns" where he absolutely looses his cool. When he behaves absolutely unprofessional. And, ask yourself is this the man you would entrust your children to 9 months out of the year.

The credential issue is nothing but a red herring. Don't get caught up in that.

The issue is this man calls his donors "trifling @ss Black people". How would that fly with you if it were a white man saying that? And, doesn't it defeat the purpose of having an All Black school, if the man in charge believes that Black people are trifling?

I can't take away the fact that Dr. Umar speaks a lot of truth, but it all falls by the wayside when he publically issues statements like this.

And, the whole stripper debacle, I'll just leave that alone.

The other thing that needs to be dealt with is Dr. Umar's belief in polygamy. Are you all ok with that? Do you want your children to go away for 9 months and return to you believing that polygamy is the answer to the problems in our community?

Also, for all the moralizing against single mothers that Dr. Umar does, did you know that Dr. Umar is a single father twice? He has two children by two women that he never married. And, has been dragged into Child Support Court.

And, does it not bother you that Dr. Umar has allegedly collected more that $700,000, yet he has not ever shown anybody a business plan, no accounting of any kind? That he is a one man show. That no one on earth knows what he has done, or plans to do?

I am not accusing Dr. Umar of anything. I am simply pointing out from an Accountant's point of view that this lack of transparency in this situation is unheard of. And, his assets have been frozen, I'm sure you can guess why that is.

So, Dr. Umar calls himself a Professional Fundraiser. That is his occupation. And, he is very good at that. He puts on great speeches. But, do his actions speak louder than his words?

"Right Plan, Wrong Man"
    Last edited by MyTwoCents; 07-14-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oyinade View Post

Boom! There it is right there! Another myth is this whole "You can't help who you fall in love with" bullshit! You seek out who and what you want, and if you wanted a black man/woman you'd have one.
    ...PERIOD!

The only people I can halfway see having the "You can't help who you fall in love with" mentality are teenagers. Just from a scientific basis, a teenager’s physical body and mind, on average, are barely out of their second phase of cell renewal, so, they’re not going to be as pragmatic nor cerebral in their dating and mating selectivity. Adults, Black adulthood in particular is not afforded this option of being this casual. As adults, we KNOW who and what we join ourselves to, we ultimately become.

I like how you referred to the "You can't help who you fall in love with" approach as a type of mythos because when you really examine interracial relationships in the Western Hemisphere, you seldom EVER see NON-Blacks mating and marrying Blacks in whom they couldn’t gain either something monetary, something in terms of status enhancement, or to just have their sexual curiosity satiated. Oftentimes, in interracial relationships, Black people have a teenager’s approach to love and relationships, while the non-Blacks who deal with us are faaaaar more premeditated and deliberate in their intentions.

3. Likes Proverb31, Oyinade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oyinade View Post

I wouldn't doubt this at all. The positioning of the panelist as well as the likeness of their thought process all seems too fishy.
    Initially I didn't think it was a set-up simply because this is not the first time Dr. Johnson has been on this panel. NewsONE is quite familiar with Dr. Johnson's resume', his ideologies and his mission overall and it's never gotten in the way of having him on. In fact, I've seen Dr. Umar Johnson host other segments right out of that same NewsONE studio, in Roland's absence, from Roland's chair, so, I don't know why, all of a sudden they're having issues with Dr. Johnson's credibility now. Even when they had the leader of alt-r1ght as a NewsONE guest, I don't recall Roland Martin interrogating him the same way he did Doc. Roland was firm but very diplomatic...and very polite...

#ItWASaSetUp

5. Likes Oyinade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by $AVAG3 (2oneF!F) View Post
    Initially I didn't think it was a set-up simply because this is not the first time Dr. Johnson has been on this panel. NewsONE is quite familiar with Dr. Johnson's resume', his ideologies and his mission overall and it's never gotten in the way of having him on. In fact, I've seen Dr. Umar Johnson host other segments right out of that same NewsONE studio, in Roland's absence, from Roland's chair, so, I don't know why, all of a sudden they're having issues with Dr. Johnson's credibility now. Even when they had the leader of alt-r1ght as a NewsONE guest, I don't recall Roland Martin interrogating him the same way he did Doc. Roland was firm but very diplomatic...and very polite...

#ItWASaSetUp

Roland seems to kowtow quite a bit to white folks...

7. Likes $AVAG3 (2oneF!F) liked this post

Thread Information