Welcome to The Black Velvet Lounge.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Likes Likes:  336
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by $AVAG3 (2oneF!F) View Post

Post Thanks / Like

3. Likes wingman2, the moor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman2 View Post
    I grew up in the world this "Person" travels in, It's all I knew from the age of 5 until as a 19 year old teenager, I walked away from this bunch of bananas. And true to form, nothing has changed. If he cannot support his position on the facts, he'll try to personally destroy anyone that challenges his views.
    It took years for me to understand Dr. Kings statement in his 1963 "I Have a Dream" speech.
    "Judge not by the color of ones skin, but by the content of ones character".
    Dr. King gave an array of dissertations and speeches; “I Have a Dream” was merely one. Now, as poignant and galvanizing as that moment was in ’63 when he gave that speech, a man’s legacy should not rest on just one single, solitary event, though it be good or bad. You must understand that when Dr. King made that speech, he was still an integrationist carrying an all-inclusive mandate that consisted of a multi-racial worldview that took into great consideration how social justice needed to be extended to any and every one, ethnicity aside. Unfortunately, nearly 55 years later, “I Have a Dream” has been proven to be nothing more than just that…a “Dream”…a childlike fantasy that doesn’t have much dissimilarity from Willie Wonka’s Chocolate Factory…a fictional narrative based on a set of sweet, syrupy ideals that may never materialize. In fact, you and I both know they probably won’t, so let’s not kid ourselves.

Dr. King may have promulgated integration through much of his efforts, but a lot like Dr. Khalid, he was not an integrationist at the point of his untimely demise. In fact, reconsidering his own integrationist disposition may have been the very thing that had him assassinated to begin with. If you’re going to applause Dr. King and reflect upon his memory in great superlatives, you have to hail Dr. Khalid to a certain extent also because neither one saw the value in becoming one with white people. If not, well, you shouldn’t praise King either because who Dr. King was in August of 1963 when he gave his Dream speech was not the same man shot in Memphis 5 years later.

5. Likes wingman2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maint_Man View Post
    What the fcuk is BARRY doin' in the picture???????????????

Post Thanks / Like

Alexandre' Dumas, author of "The 3 Musketeers" and "The Count of Monte' Cristo"

9. Likes the moor, Sultry, Proverb31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Likes the moor, PinkPearls, Proverb31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the fcuk is BARRY doin' in the picture???????????????

13. Likes the moor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by the moor; 10-21-2016 at 08:34 PM.

15. Likes Sultry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

17. Likes Sultry, $AVAG3 (2oneF!F), Proverb31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the moor View Post
    Very insightful. Thanks for sharing.

19. Likes the moor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dr. King gave an array of dissertations and speeches; “I Have a Dream” was merely one. Now, as poignant and galvanizing as that moment was in ’63 when he gave that speech, a man’s legacy should not rest on just one single, solitary event, though it be good or bad. You must understand that when Dr. King made that speech, he was still an integrationist carrying an all-inclusive mandate that consisted of a multi-racial worldview that took into great consideration how social justice needed to be extended to any and every one, ethnicity aside. Unfortunately, nearly 55 years later, “I Have a Dream” has been proven to be nothing more than just that…a “Dream”…a childlike fantasy that doesn’t have much dissimilarity from Willie Wonka’s Chocolate Factory…a fictional narrative based on a set of sweet, syrupy ideals that may never materialize. In fact, you and I both know they probably won’t, so let’s not kid ourselves.

Dr. King may have promulgated integration through much of his efforts, but a lot like Dr. Khalid, he was not an integrationist at the point of his untimely demise. In fact, reconsidering his own integrationist disposition may have been the very thing that had him assassinated to begin with. If you’re going to applause Dr. King and reflect upon his memory in great superlatives, you have to hail Dr. Khalid to a certain extent also because neither one saw the value in becoming one with white people. If not, well, you shouldn’t praise King either because who Dr. King was in August of 1963 when he gave his Dream speech was not the same man shot in Memphis 5 years later.
    I'm well aware of the large scale failure of Dr.Kings dream. The point was to give the other guy a chance to show what he is, who he is, what can you learn from him, can you benefit from this simple effort. Hating someone simply because of their outward appearance takes too much effort.

The point I was trying to make here is simple, or so I thought. Dr. Khalid comment is short sighted, closed minded, and insulting.
    Well, lets take a good look at the results of all that "rhetoric". What has changed?

Respects, from a,
    Ex-Blackredneck.

Post Thanks / Like

22. Likes $AVAG3 (2oneF!F), the moor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

24. Likes $AVAG3 (2oneF!F), the moor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

26. Likes Proverb31 liked this post

Thread Information